Chatting about business, content strategy, and the scientific method with Sol Orwell, co-founder of Examine.com.
We like to let you know when we think someone’s “doing it right” — and Examine.com is a terrific example of a successful business built completely on the strength of high-authority content.
My favorite quote from the interview was:
We’re not here to be e-famous. -Sol Orwell
Examine brings together a team of genuine experts, analyzing and synthesizing complex research to reach a wider audience.
In this 28-minute episode, I talk with Examine’s co-founder, Sol Orwell, about:
- The advantages to staying away from artificial “positioning” that doesn’t serve the audience
- Why Examine.com has a more evergreen model than many content-based businesses
- The team culture that allows for intense collaboration and an ultra high-quality result
- The hard thing about content that hardly anyone does (and is a key to success)
- The chocolate chip cookie factor Sol’s got going these days …
The Show Notes
- The site we’re talking about today is Examine.com
- My recent podcast on Things I Love/Things I Hate about Fitness Marketing
- Asana (the main tool they use to keep their processes moving)
- The Examine Research Digest, their premium content synthesizing health and nutrition research
- Follow Sol on Facebook
- Or check out sjo.com, his blog on real-world entrepreneurship
- And here’s Sol’s latest project: Audience Owl
- Ask me a question or follow me on Twitter @soniasimone!