Creating excellent content is expensive — in time, money, or both. Make sure your content marketing strategy is driving real business results.
Too many businesses think of blog posts and podcasts as a “fluffy” nice-to-have. But content marketing can drive real business results — and if you’re going to put the work in, there’s no reason to settle for fluff.
In this 16-minute episode, I talk about:
- Why the creative (some say “soft”) side of writing is critical to business results
- How to break through content clutter and sustain an audience’s attention
- 3 important KPIs (key performance indicators) you can drive with the right content
- Ways to measure your content’s effectiveness (“it seems awesome” is not a business metric)
- The powerful role content can play in the sales process
The Show Notes
- If you’re looking for a user-friendly email platform that makes smart automation easy, here are our recommendations: Email Marketing Solutions Recommended by Copyblogger
- Jason Miller wrote a terrific article on the myth of the goldfish attention span and why it’s dangerous for content marketers.
- This podcast episode has a text version on the Copyblogger blog! You can find it here: No, Content Marketing is Not a ‘Soft’ Skill