How one freelance copywriter found his groove, and how you can find yours, too.
Lots of our listeners are freelance copywriters — and many more would like to do some writing as a “side hustle,” whether or not you ever want to go full-time.
In this 31-minute episode, I chat with freelance writer and content strategist Chris Cooper. We talk about:
- Where he started when he needed to figure out copywriting
- Chris’s “client finding secrets”
- His #1 tip for writers who want to be happy and successful as freelancers
- How (and when) to decide on a specialization or niche
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- You can get more from Chris Cooper on his site, Real Good Writing
- We offer heaping portions of copywriting advice for you on the Copyblogger blog
- And you can get more advanced copywriting advice in our content marketing library — it’s free with registration
- I’m always happy to see your questions or thoughts on Twitter @soniasimone — or right here in the comments 🙂