When does traditional sales advice actually push prospects further away?
We’re returning this week to selling … the effective kind, and the other kind.
In this 25-minute episode, I talk about:
- Stereotypical “used car salesman” techniques that can wreck your sales
- Why hiding your prices can make you invisible to the clients and customers you want
- How putting prospects down can get you a business you hate
- The “Jekyll and Hyde” effect that comes when you try not to be “too salesy”
- How to time your selling signals so they aren’t weird, intrusive, or creepy
Listen to Copyblogger FM below ...
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- We’re really excited to have Tim Paige join us this month to teach effective selling! Here’s where you can learn more about it
- I write about mindset, writing, and content quality on my personal blog, Remarkable Communication
- Feel free to say hi or ask a question over on LinkedIn @soniasimone — or I always enjoy hearing from you right here in the comments 🙂