Marketing today, especially online marketing, is all about intersections. So don’t think about doing content or email or multimedia or social — they’re all woven together into one cohesive experience for your customer.
This one is a riff on a talk I gave last week at the Inbound conference in Boston. It’s not an exact recap (that’s not how I work), but a discussion of some of the same points and themes.
In this 16-minute episode, I talk about:
- Whether social media should be used for engagement or for content promotion
- Why “Or” is for wussies, and what to use instead (when you can swing it)
- The relationship between content, the conversation, and the customer experience
- Some examples of who’s doing it right
- 5 recommendations on areas of focus as you’re putting your content and social media program together
Listen to Confessions of a Pink-Haired Marketer below ...
What Happens at the Crossroads of Content and Social MediaSonia Simone
The Show Notes
- My post on Surviving Content Shock (also known as the Don’t Write CRaP post)
- The nice people (and super-useful content) at Goulet Pens
- The legendary Saddleback How to Knock Off a Bag video
- How to Write Magnetic Headlines (part of our free content marketing library, requires opt-in)
- Brian Clark’s post on combining Meaning and Fascination in your content
- Our Authority community of content marketers
Leave a Reply