Great content creators are made, not born. It takes a mix of a well-chosen topic, smart content strategy, attention to craft, and lots of personality. Then, as Rosanna Pansino would say, just Put it all together!
Ro Pansino’s YouTube cooking show Nerdy Nummies has millions of fans of all ages. Where else are you going to learn how to make Super Mario cake pops?
In this episode, Sonia looks into this ultra popular channel to unlock why it works — and she talks about a too-common strategy that works poorly (if ever) in the new world of content.
If you liked this episode, be sure to subscribe to Confessions of a Pink-Haired Marketer!
The Show Notes
- Rosanna Pansino’s Nerdy Nummies!
- Ro’s episode with Neil deGrasse Tyson (making a Star Trek Voyager cake)
- Rae Hoffman’s How to Survive the Affiliate Evolution
- Brian Clark’s post on meaning and fascination
- Sonia’s post on Neil deGrasse Tyson as a marketer of ideas (he has a lot in common with Ro …)
- Our Digital Commerce Academy has a course on how to create courses — these are among the simplest businesses to set up around a strong content site
- Sonia always loves it when you say hi over on Twitter @soniasimone!