In today’s media climate of irrational entrepreneurial exuberance, it’s all about raising that venture capital. Reality, however, is much different.
Most businesses, especially of the freelance and solopreneur variety, will never raise money from investors, nor should they. Bootstrapping is even making a comeback that resembles a movement in reaction to the silliness of the venture world.
In today’s episode, Rainmaker Digital CFO Sean Jackson joins us to share his experiences with various forms of business finance, ranging from the buttoned-up to the ultra-creative.
- The virtues of savings and bootstrapping
- How to avoid the perils of “friends and family” cash
- Strategically using personal credit cards
- The ABC approach to funding your business
- How to think about lines of credit and home equity
- Why pre-selling and Kickstarters work so well
- What professional investors are looking for
- The hidden power of collaboration
Listen to 7-Figure Small with Brian Clark below ...