We all know the cliche of the starving artist — but how about the thriving artist? Jeff Goins has some advice on how to “build a bridge in the direction of your dream.”
This episode is brought to you by StudioPress Sites.
Today we invited our friend Jeff Goins to talk about his new book, Real Artists Don’t Starve.
In this 33-minute episode, Jeff and I talk about:
- The explosion of new options for making a living as an artist
- Differences in mindset between “starving” and “thriving” artists
- The importance of doing the work
- How to balance security, risk, and moving toward your dreams
Listen to Copyblogger FM below ...
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- You can pick up Jeff’s book Real Artists Don’t Starve at your favorite book-buying outlet
- Jeff also wrote a piece on Medium called The arts are a more secure career than the sciences — here’s proof that spells out many of the core ideas in the book
- If this topic interests you, you may be interested in my post on thinking like an artist
- I also really liked the post Jeff wrote for us about practicing in public as a way to grow professionally and creatively