Everyone’s talking about Groupon these days.
From daily deals to tasteless Super Bowl commercials, this company is getting a lot of attention. And the attention they want most is from the local small businesses that power their revenue model.
Does your local business need Groupon? No, not at all. In fact, there are much better alternatives if you’re up for it.
If you faithfully serve your local community with valuable content, unbeatable offers, and amazing service, you won’t need Groupon.
Here are a few fine ideas on how to do it …
In this episode Brian and I discuss:
- What Groupon really is, and how that knowledge can revolutionize your business
- The simple concept that drives buyers (always has/always will)
- Why you shouldn’t rely on Groupon, Facebook, or Twitter to dominate your market
- How to create an unstoppable, hyper-local marketing campaign — that you own
- Why the old ways need to be at the heart of everything you do
Hit the flash player below to listen now:
Other listening options:
- Click here to download the mp3 | 29.9 MB | 24:52
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for the RSS feed (non iTunes)
Want to discover the smartest ways to mix social media, content marketing, and SEO? We’ve got you covered with Internet Marketing for Smart People. It’s a FREE 20-part course and email newsletter that delivers the techniques and strategies you need to know as an online marketer.
Links from the Show:
- Groupon “Save the Money” Super Bowl Ad
- The Surprising Old-School Secret to Blogging Success
- Why Every Smart Small Business is in the Media Business
- Content Marketing 101
- Landing Pages Turn Traffic Into Money
- What’s the Premise?
About the Author: Robert Bruce is Copyblogger Media’s Chief Copywriter and Resident Recluse.