Here we go again …
Have you read the news today? Looks like marketing is dead once more.
You know … all you need now is a Twitter handle, a Facebook page and an authentically huge digital smile to reach your audience and rake in the bales of cash (just make sure you keep smiling).
There’s always a lot of hype rolling around about marketing, new marketing and the death of marketing.
Don’t buy it. Really.
The truth about what you need to do for your business or ideas has been around for thousands of years. It’s very simple. And very effective …
In this episode Brian and I discuss:
- Has Twitter & Facebook killed marketing?
- The first, and most important, law of all good marketing
- Why swindlers, hustlers and con men are actually good for your business
- The crucial distinction between persuasion and manipulation
- How to lag behind the tech, and still get ahead in influence
Hit the flash player below to listen now:
Other listening options:
- Click here to download the mp3 | 24.7 MB | 20:33
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for the RSS feed (non iTunes)
Want to discover the smartest ways to mix social media, content marketing, and SEO? We’ve got you covered with Internet Marketing for Smart People. It’s a FREE 20-part course and email newsletter that delivers the techniques and strategies you need to know as an online marketer.
Links from the Show:
About the Author: Robert Bruce is Copyblogger Media’s Chief Copywriter and Resident Recluse.