Last week’s podcast recommendation wasn’t a podcast at all. It was a TV show. And it spurred the idea for this episode, which is about finding ideas for your podcast by consuming media other than podcasts. If you want to feel better about your Netflix binging, this is the episode for you!
This episode is brought to you by StudioPress Sites.
In this episode of The Showrunner, Jonny and Jerod go down the list of non-podcast media types and provide examples for how to use them to generate new and varied ideas for your show.
And we’re not just talking topic ideas for your show, but also names, formats, and much more …
- How television has helped us come up with fitting names
- How a particular radio station helped Jerod learn how to craft compelling audio
- How comic books and movies can teach you how to tell better stories
- How learning from the news can help you deliver the nuts and bolts of a story in a short period of time
- How watching sports can help you learn how to handle yourself under pressure (and how to ask one or two questions quickly)
- How books and audiobooks give you ideas, information, and stories (and how book reviews can be combined with affiliate offers)
- Plus: what you can learn from successful YouTube channels
This is a fun episode — a bit off the beaten path, but that’s the idea. We hope this episode helps you view your time consuming non-podcast media differently, and that you are inspired to find ideas in places you might not have even been looking before.
Listen, learn, enjoy …
Listen to The Showrunner below ...