New series! Part one: How to prepare to write an epic blog post or other piece of remarkable content.
What’s the best antidote to the glut of content?
Better content. Much better content.
This episode is the start of a three-part series on how to write a genuinely remarkable piece of content.
In this 18-minute episode, I talk about:
- Digging to uncover the transformation (for yourself and for the world) that you want to create with this piece of content
- Taking research (way) beyond the basics
- How to refine and re-refine your idea
- When to “go shopping in your own closet” for a post
- Getting unique quotes from experts in your topic
Listen to Copyblogger FM: Content Marketing, Copywriting, Freelance Writing, and Social Media Marketing below ...
How to Write an Epic Blog Post, Part 1: Thinking and ResearchSonia Simone
The Show Notes
- I help a small number of clients create remarkable work. If you’re interested in help with the copywriting and content strategy around your product or service, here’s how you can work one-on-one with Sonia Simone
- My interview with Andy Crestodina about his epic annual project
- My interview with Belinda Weaver that covers another way to “go shopping in your own closet” with content
- For transcribing expert interviews, otter.ai offers free machine transcription. You wouldn’t want to publish this without a lot of editing, but it can work well for your own reference.
Leave a Reply