The lines between content and copywriting, and why you want to make yourself the “Chief Empathy Officer” for your audience.
Today I wanted to talk about some distinctions that have been on my mind lately — the differences between crafting content and writing copy for conversion, and how much of ourselves to put into our marketing writing.
In this 15-minute episode, I talk about:
- The differences (and similarities) between content and copy
- How to write about your own experiences without being self-centered
- Why we can’t get away with “feel bad” marketing any more
- Getting real about audience problems — without blaming or bullying
The Show Notes
- My post on the difference between content marketing and copywriting
- Nick Usborne’s post on How Copywriters can Leverage the Power of Feelgood Chemicals to Make More Sales
- Joanna Wiebe’s great site Copyhackers
- You can find Lloyd Dobler’s full “Say Anything” rant on this page;“Say Anything” quotes
- Feel free to say hi or ask a question over on LinkedIn @soniasimone — or I always enjoy hearing from you right here in the comments 🙂