A look at the editorial role for your content marketing site — whether or not you have the resources to bring someone on
Today, Copyblogger’s Sonia Simone joins our Editor-in-Chief Stefanie Flaxman to talk about editors.
Specifically, we’ll talk about what an editor will do for your site, and what to do if hiring a full-time editor like Stefanie isn’t in the cards for your site.
It’s common for a writer’s ambitions to outpace his talents. (Sean Penn, you are no Hunter S. Thompson.) That’s what editors are for.
– Kelly McBride
In this 24-minute episode, Sonia and Stefanie talk about:
- The multiple benefits that an editor brings to a content site
- Why the editorial role isn’t just about catching typos
- How to add editorial mojo to your site if you aren’t able to hire someone
- The secret weapon behind the first Star Wars movie
- Sean Penn, El Chapo, and the missing editor
The Show Notes
- Check out Stefanie’s podcast on the Rainmaker.FM network, Editor-in-Chief (new season started January 28!)
- Stefanie’s Copyblogger post on Why Content Marketers Need Editors, with more advice on how to act as your own editor
- Pamela Wilson’s streamlined process for How to Create One Powerful Piece of Content per Week
- Larry Brooks’s post on the Rule of 24 on how to significantly improve your content overnight
- Kelly McBride’s piece on The Problem with Sean Penn’s El Chapo Interview
- Frank Chung’s article on The Secret Weapon Behind Star Wars
- Find Sonia on Twitter @soniasimone
- Find Stefanie on Twitter @stefanieflaxman