We all know the cliche of the starving artist — but how about the thriving artist? Jeff Goins has some advice on how to “build a bridge in the direction of your dream.”
Today we invited our friend Jeff Goins to talk about his new book, Real Artists Don’t Starve.
In this 33-minute episode, Jeff and I talk about:
- The explosion of new options for making a living as an artist
- Differences in mindset between “starving” and “thriving” artists
- The importance of doing the work
- How to balance security, risk, and moving toward your dreams
Listen to Copyblogger FM: Content Marketing, Copywriting, Freelance Writing, and Social Media Marketing below ...
How to Create Stability and Success as an ArtistSonia Simone
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- You can pick up Jeff’s book Real Artists Don’t Starve at your favorite book-buying outlet
- Jeff also wrote a piece on Medium called The arts are a more secure career than the sciences — here’s proof that spells out many of the core ideas in the book
- If this topic interests you, you may be interested in my post on thinking like an artist
- I also really liked the post Jeff wrote for us about practicing in public as a way to grow professionally and creatively
Leave a Reply