Speaking to your prospects’ emotional brains isn’t manipulative — it’s just good communication.
Copywriters have known it for many decades, and brain researchers have started to find the evidence to support it: Humans make decisions with our emotions first, then justify those decisions with logic.
Today I talk about three charged (or even potentially embarrassing) emotional drivers that inform the decision to buy — and how to handle them delicately.
In this 20-minute episode, I talk about:
- Adding a “first class” experience to your business without being crass
- How to help your audience feel safe and secure as they move forward with you
- Speaking to identity and group values in a politically volatile era
Listen to Copyblogger FM: Content Marketing, Copywriting, Freelance Writing, and Social Media Marketing below ...
The Show Notes
- I currently work with a small number of clients on conversion-oriented copy and content: Work one-on-one with Copyblogger’s Sonia Simone
- Our group of Copyblogger-certified content marketers (I do happen to think they’re truly content marketing big shots!)
- My post on the #1 conversion killer in your copy and how to defeat it
- My post on Robert Cialdini’s Unity principle
This episode is SO good. Thank you. I appreciate that you’re ultimately promoting authenticity and gentleness with the emotions of our audiences.
Sonia Simone says
So kind, thanks, Leigh!