Are you a “training addict”? Wondering how to handle all of the marketing and business information you’re taking in? Allow me to suggest a plan.
It’s easy to say, “Just don’t read or listen to any more marketing advice until you implement what you already have.”
But digital marketing and business do change. Besides, learning is fun. And it doesn’t have to get in the way of doing … if you have a system.
Here’s my system for capturing the ideas from newsletters, tutorials, blog posts, and courses, and turning them into action steps for my business.
In this 21-minute episode, I talk about:
- The tool every creative person needs to capture ideas as they fly by
- Understanding the top-level categories all marketing advice falls into
- The 16-year-old productivity advice that I still use every day
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- David Allen’s classic Getting Things Done methodology still has a lot to recommend it
- A quick run-down of how to get started with a bullet journal (strict adherence is not necessary or probably even helpful)
- I’m always happy to see your questions or thoughts on Twitter @soniasimone — or right here in the comments!