Most of us won’t make a living making “pure art” that only serves our creative expression. But you won’t make a reasonable living writing cynical garbage, either.
Hope your new year is going well! Brian Clark and I have had some great conversations about what we want to write and teach in the new year, and it boils down to two words: killer and poet.
In this 16-minute episode, I talk about:
- Why it’s a silly (and expensive) mistake to try to promote a business with cheap, crummy content
- Why we think 2018 will be the year of the Word Nerd
- The key element to content strategy today (and yesterday, and probably tomorrow)
- How (and why) to get over your fear of the “A-word”
- Why a technology-first approach can actually kill your content strategy
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- Brian Clark and I also wrote about this topic on the Copyblogger blog: Three Killer Skills Professional Writers Need to Succeed in 2018
- Advice for Poets, Advice for Killers — Copyblogger FM episode no. 75
- Jason Miller’s interesting article on “hybrid” marketers
- Another Copyblogger post, this one on How to Think Like an Artist to improve your content (and your marketing)
- Brian Clark on discovering your “who” — the core of smart content strategy
- Feel free to say hi or ask a question over on LinkedIn @soniasimone — or I always enjoy hearing from you right here in the comments 🙂