Is it better to do all of your own copywriting and content marketing, or to bring in a pro?
We teach so much copywriting technique and strategy at Copyblogger that you might think anyone could “DIY” their own content and copy.
But that ain’t necessarily so. Even if you’re a business owner who loves to write, there are some scenarios in which you definitely will want to bring in a pro.
In this 15-minute episode, I talk about:
- Why you might not want to “tough it out” if you genuinely don’t like to write
- Thoughts on how to improve your bandwidth if you do like writing — but don’t have enough hours to get it done.
- When to bring on specialist writers like conversion copywriters or subject matter experts.
- Why sometimes you just know too much about your topic to be able to write about it effectively.
- What to look for in a professional writer to get the results you’re looking for.
The Show Notes
- You can get a text version of this episode on Copyblogger: 5 Situations that Demand You Hire a Professional Copywriter
- Copyblogger certifies content marketers who can deliver strong writing voices and solid copy strategy. You can find out more here: Copyblogger’s Certified Content Marketers.
- People have been asking me for years if I ever take client writing projects myself, and the answer is now Yes! Learn more about working with me one-on-one: Work with Copyblogger’s Sonia Simone