A look into why it’s so hard to move forward with creative work
This week I was so pleased to be able to connect with Jessica Abel, author of Growing Gills: How to Find Creative Focus When You’re Drowning in Your Daily Life.
In this 34-minute episode, Jessica and I talk about:
- Business (especially digital and content-driven business) as creative work
- How to move forward on that really big project (the one you care about so much it’s scary)
- Idea debt: What it is, why it messes us up, how to deal with it
- The distinction between creative process and creative projects, and why that matters
- The four criteria to look at when you’re deciding on a big creative goal
Listen to Copyblogger FM below ...
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- Jessica’s got a free course coming up in October, 2017 — more info on that here: Find Your Creative Compass
- My earlier podcast about Growing Gills: Two Powerful Resources for Life-Changing Growth
- Jessica’s post on One Goal to Rule them All (there’s also a worksheet here you can download with your opt-in)
- More about the Growing Gills book
- Jessica’s book on investigative storytelling, Out on the Wire: The Storytelling Secrets of the New Masters of Radio
- The Out on the Wire podcast episode where Jessica discusses Idea Debt with Kazu Kibuishi
- Jessica’s Creative Focus workshop
- I’m always happy to see your questions or thoughts on Twitter @soniasimone — or right here in the comments 🙂