I deleted a bunch of crap on my laptop yesterday.
It was all stuff I’d been thinking might be useful someday. Apps, folders, documents, etc.
Call it minimalism, call it OCD, whatever. I like to work simply, and only with the tools that actually work for me.
SEO, content marketing, email marketing, these can all seem to be very complicated responsibilities of the modern online publisher. But, with a few good tools — and one “killer app” in particular — you’ll be on your way.
This stuff isn’t easy, but getting down to what actually works is fairly simple.
So let’s do just that …
Also, Brian writes a big check, and Sonia turns down the Executive title “Creedence Clearwater Officer.”
In this episode Brian, Sonia and I discuss:
- Why good SEO is like getting the hot girl in high school
- The super-secret, embarrassingly simple, copywriting tip that converts
- Is your product your best marketing? It had better be …
- Why SEO is way more than good keyword math
- Why most ad agencies can’t sell their way out of a paper bag
- The 2 words that get you 4 times more Retweets
Hit the flash player below to listen now:
Other listening options:
- Click here to download the mp3 | 28.7 MB | 24:58
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for the RSS feed (non iTunes)
- Click here for the show archive
- Click here for the transcript of What Works With SEO Right Now…
The Show Notes:
- Internet Marketing for Smart People 20-Part Course (free)
- Report: SEO Copywriting Made Simple (free)
- SEO Lessons From Apple’s Steve Jobs
- A Food Pyramid for Content Marketing
- How to Be a Copywriting Genius: The Brilliantly Sneaky Trick You Must Learn
- Does Telling Someone to “Click Here” Work?
- Is Your Social Media Strategy Stalling Because You’re Not Doing This One Thing?
- We left the building with Girl Talk
About the Author: Robert Bruce is Copyblogger Media’s Chief Copywriter and Resident Recluse.