If you want to get smarter and more successful, you need to hone this skill: Listen.
Listening isn’t just about hearing words; it’s also about listening to the tone, speed, and volume of the voice. What is being said? Anything not being said? What hidden messages below the surface exist? — Travis Bradberry, Entrepreneur.com
We use social media for all kinds of things — broadcasting our message, building our audience, and just goofing off.
But social media is an incredible platform for strategic listening — and that makes us a lot smarter about our market and our topic.
In this 20-minute episode, I talk about some of my favorite ways to use social media as a tool for listening.
- Simple, cheap ways to find out what potential customers really think about your topic (or your company)
- My favorite market research (and confidence-boosting) method
- Social listening and customer support
- Improving your connections and relationships
- Listening for celebration and high-fives for your community
Listen to Copyblogger FM below ...
The Show Notes
- Demian Farnworth’s article on the role of the customer in your Content Marketing Strategy
- Zoe Summers’s overview piece, including listening tools, on Social Media Examiner
- My Q&A episode earlier this week on Confessions of a Pink-Haired Marketer
- Zach Cutler’s article on Twitter networking (and other uses of Twitter)
- Tom Peters (@tom_peters) on Twitter
- Travis Bradberry on listening and leadership
- My post asking the question, Is Social Media Making Us Dumb?
- Ask me a question or follow me on Twitter @soniasimone!