5 painful mistakes I’ve seen writers, marketers, and business owners make … and how you can avoid them
We all make mistakes — but it sucks a lot less to learn from someone else’s.
In this 18-minute episode, I talk about five painful mistakes that I’ve made (some of them more than once), and how you can steer clear of them.
- Pouring endless time into a project that has no market
- The endless pivot
- Wimpy Boundary Syndrome
- Getting expensive advice too soon in your business
- Content puke
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- We’ve written lots about the Minimum Viable Product idea on Copyblogger — here’s one: Launching Your First Digital Product? Focus on These 5 Activities
- Some thoughts on the whole boundary-setting thing: Why “Positive Business” Doesn’t Mean Making Yourself a Chump
- My friend Susan the brilliant dog trainer (who told me to quit puking on my customers)
- I’m always happy to see your questions or thoughts on Twitter @soniasimone — or right here in the comments 🙂