Copywriter and webinar strategist Beth Hayden talks about some of the most effective ways companies are using webinars.
Some people feel that webinars seem a bit old-fashioned. But there are a lot of fresh, effective ways that smart companies are using webinars for lead generation, prospect maturation, and customer retention … as well as getting the sale.
In this 27-minute Episode, Beth and I talked about:
- How smart companies are using webinars to drive business results
- Ways to use webinars other than sales presentations (although those are great, too)
- Recommendations on specific platforms and their benefits
- Some do’s and don’ts for your own webinars
Listen to Copyblogger FM: Content Marketing, Copywriting, Freelance Writing, and Social Media Marketing below ...
The Show Notes
- The best place to connect with Beth is her website at BethHayden.com
- You can also catch up with her at LinkedIn.com/BethHayden
- Beth has written a lot of terrific articles for us, including many on webinar strategy. Find her complete Copyblogger archive here: Beth Hayden on Copyblogger
- At Copyblogger Media, we use GoToWebinar for our educational and marketing webinars
- Another option is StealthSeminar, particularly if you hold evergreen webinars
- BigMarker is a webinar platform that doesn’t require users to download anything
- For a simple way to get started with webinars, Beth recommends Zoom (which I like, as well)
- We mentioned YNAB as an example of a cool company using webinars for customer onboarding
- Here’s a classic Seth Godin post on bad PowerPoint — for lessons on how to create a compelling visual deck for your webinars
- Another good resource for webinar slide design is Beyond Bullet Points
Leave a Reply