Incorrect semicolon usage perpetuates additional incorrect semicolon usage. Learn the appropriate way to use this punctuation mark and put an end to the cycle.
The next punctuation lesson in the Editorial Standards series will help clarify misconceptions about an elegant and practical punctuation mark.
In this 13-minute episode, I discuss:
- What I would have named the semicolon
- When you should use a semicolon in your writing
- Three common semicolon usage mistakes
Listen to Editor-in-Chief below ...
How to Use a SemicolonStefanie Flaxman
The Show Notes
- How to Use a Comma
- How an Editor-in-Chief Creates Editorial Standards, Part One
- How an Editor-in-Chief Creates Editorial Standards, Part Two
- Editor-in-Chief: The Reader’s Advocate
Coming soon …
Leave a Reply