Part three of our series: How to polish and promote an epic blog post or other piece of remarkable content.
You’ve got your first draft of a solid, dare we say “epic” piece of content. Now it’s time to polish it to perfection, and promote it for the widest possible audience.
That’s what I cover in this 25-minute episode. I talk about:
- Why this is one time it’s wise to be a bit of a perfectionist
- Specific elements to check and polish
- Tips on working with grammar checkers and human editors
- Suggestions for effective guest posting and content syndication
- SEO recommendations
- Advice on how to grow your professional network without being “that guy”
Listen to Copyblogger FM: Content Marketing, Copywriting, Freelance Writing, and Social Media Marketing below ...
How to Write an Epic Blog Post, Part 3: Polishing and PromotionSonia Simone
The Show Notes
- I lead a workshop a few times a year on writing this kind of epic content. If you’re interested in joining us, here’s where you can find more information: writing workshops with Sonia Simone
- Episode One of the series: Research and Thinking for an Epic Blog Post
- Episode Two: Writing Your Epic Post Draft
- Stefanie Flaxman has lots of articles on Copyblogger about polishing your content. Here’s just one: 7 Creative Proofreading Tips to Transform Your Jaggedy Draft into a Polished Post
- If you like quick video tips on writing, here’s Stefanie Flaxman’s YouTube channel
- And here’s Stefanie Flaxman’s podcast on editing
- If you’re mainly creating epic content for SEO, you may find this post useful: The Right Way to Think about Google
- I really liked this post Pace Smith wrote for us on How to get a “big shot” to answer your email
Leave a Reply